Well by this point it’s just hard to believe it’s September already. Saying this year has been odd and trying is quite an understatement for all of us. Here at the store, we had to rethink a lot of what we do and how we do it, affecting not only us but our customers as well.
Through all of this there were a couple of things that didn’t change; Our customers continued support and the need to taste and buy green coffee. Since those are two of the most important keys to making our business run, we felt quite fortunate to continue to have both!
We’ve tasted several samples throughout the last few months. Below is a list of the newest arrivals. Click on any of the links to read more:
- Guatemala Huehuetenango Rio Azul The Huehuetenango region always seems to bring great coffees to the table
- Ethiopia Guji 1 Natural Uraga This Guji from Uraga is a good one to try if you are usually a Harrar drinker
- Ethiopia Hambela 1 Natural Yirgacheffe is gone for now but this lovely Hambela is just delicious. Also Certified Organic
- Mexico Oaxaca Pluma San Agustin Loxicha Another great Mexican from Oaxaca
- Kenya Nyeri Rugi Mihuti An excellent representation of the Kenyan profile with good focus
- Yemen Mocca Hawari As unique as ever and sourced from a female owned & operated business which is very seldom seen in Yemen
In addition to some wonderful new coffees, we also have a couple of new teas. These are limited offerings:
- Purple Bamboo Black A newer tea created from an existing cultivar in Yunnan Province, delightful body and balance of flavors
- Fragrant Fruit Mountain Oolong Lovely and delicate oolong with low tannins, also from a fairly new cultivar
Some reminders about our continued new operations;
We miss talking to you at the counter but the store interior will remain closed for the foreseeable future — We know you’re missing our to-go cups of coffee but we just can’t fit that service into our precautions at this time — Our website has been updated to include merchandise so even though you can’t come in you can still see and order coffee & tea accessories. We’re also happy to show you anything at the door — About ordering; We are open our regular business hours and orders can almost always be ready same day. We can take your order through the website, over the phone or at the shop door. You can have your order shipped, you can pick up at the door or you can order through Grub South for delivery. We are unable to provide curbside service.
As always, we are so grateful for your continued support and we hope you all continue to stay well!